Task Group on Tectonics and Structural Geology
The Task Group on Tectonics and Structural Geology (TecTask) represents an initiative of Earth Scientists dedicated to stimulate communication and coordination within the international science community and to provide information to the public. The group encourages innovative research and continued education in Tectonics and Structural Geology, the growth of intellectual capital and hence the impact of our science on the wealth of the global society. TecTask reaches out to scientists and students, particularly those from developing countries, to share cutting edge research and development, and state-of-the-art training. Dialog and cooperation is welcomed with organisations, industries and administrations regarding applications in Structural Geology and Tectonics for sustainable use of the world's natural resources, the preservation of the environment and prevention of natural hazards.
Registered members of the Tectask site gain access to the full searchable membership list of other members (we already have over 500 members) interested in structure/tectonics, as well as access to the free downloadable software library, and a list of current employment/scholarship opportunities. Members can also submit web links to their favourite sites. To become a member, follow this link: Create an account.
Prof. Alison Ord - University of Western Australia (Chair)
Prof. Manuel Sintubin - Universiteit Leuven, Belgium (Vice-Chair)
Dr. Hermann Lebit - Houston, USA (Secretary General)
Dr. Elena Druguet - Barcelona, Spain (Treasurer)
Prof. Cees Passchier - Mainz, Germany (Past Chair)
Dr. Mark Jessell - Toulouse, France (Past Vice-Chair)
Prof. Kim Hein - University of the Witwatersrand
Prof. Sudipta Sengupta - Jadavpur University, India
Prof. John Dewey - University of California Davis, USA
Prof. Bruce Hobbs - CSIRO, Perth, Australia
Prof. Ron Vernon - Macquarie University, Australia
Prof. Paul Bons - University Tübingen; Germany
Prof. Martin Lompo - Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
Prof. Toru Takeshita - Hiroshima University, Japan
Prof. Hemin Koyi - University Uppsala, Sweden
Prof. Manish A. Mamtani - IIT Kharagpur, India
Prof. Rudolfo Carosi - Università di Pisa, Italy
Prof. Neil Mancktelow - ETH Zurich, Switzerland
Prof. Giorgio Pennacchioni - Università di Padova, Italy
1. Develop, maintain and expand a website on research programmes, funding organisations, events, databases, teaching materials etc.
2. Encourage organisation of special sessions on dedicated tectonic related topics in conferences, field trips, prizes and stimulate the production of review papers
3. Develop standards and databases on Rheology and other tectonic/structural issues
4. Promote structural geology education particularly in the developing countries.
5. Advise IUGS, ILP and IGP for their future developments in tectonics and structural geology.
6. Stimulate international cooperation and coordination in Tectonics and Structural Geology.